Technical Sales Representative – Western Canada
Reports to Sales Manager
The Technical Sales Representative (based in Western Canada) is a skilled, self-motivated, organized, energetic and team-focused individual capable of selling products for NITTA Connect Conveyor Belting Inc. to business and industrial establishments or individuals at a sales office of customers’ place of business. The individual will identify new opportunities and follow up on potential leads; will monitor industry trends in order to identify emerging markets, and develop plans to utilize those markets to expand revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
The Technical Sales Representative performs some or all of the following duties:
- Promote the NITTA Brand as the best quality in the industry
- Focus on selling and promotion of NITTA core products, Conveyor, PolyBelt, PolySprint, CFTG
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from the news, business directories, industry ads trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Focus on growth and development of New Business, with strong development in Logistics, Paper Converting and Wood Processing, and other market segments that are assigned by Management as required
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders and support requirements.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples, tablets, brochures, and emphasizes salable features.
- Present training on NITTA Splice Equipment and assist with customer knowledge of best practices with installation of NITTA Belting
- Focus on receiving business in the following territories – Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia
- Prepare monthly Sales Reports of business transactions and keep expense accounts.
- Keeps and maintains customer base contacts and update to date surveys.
- Develops and maintains relationships with OEMs, Distributors, and End Users.
- Maintain and grow sales relationships with existing clients.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries and/or quality.
- Develop and maintain technical product or service knowledge to explain features to clients and answer questions about goods or services.
- Collects information about market, customer, competitor and shares with the Sales Manager.
- May supervise the activities of customer’s installation staff.
- Follows KPI for performance tracking.
- Must participate in the annual On-Line Health & Safety Training. There are 10-12 Courses to complete either at home or during work hours. All employees undergo this training at the same time, generally in the fall of each year. One month time frame is given to complete all, with each course taking ½ hr. to 1 hr. and needing an 80% minimum pass score.
- Research and follow local Provincial Health & Safety rules.
- Learn application and provide suitable solutions/materials to customers.
- Other duties as warranted.
- OSSD or equivalency
- Sales Certificate or equivalent experience, an asset
- Minimum 3-6 years sales industry experience in the Conveyor Belting/ Manufacturing environment, an asset
- A driver’s licence with a clean driving record is required
- Strong communication, presentation, organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, an asset
- Effective use of technology, instruments, tools and information systems
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution, teamwork, time management and interpersonal skills
- Valid Driver’s Licence and clean driving record is required
40 Hours work a week. Some flexibility on time is required as Office and Manager is based in Central Ontario (EST time zone). Travelling to Connect’s head office in Milton, Ontario for training and sales meetings will be required.
Sitting for repetitive periods of time may be required. On occasion, you may need to walk-through the production manufacturing areas where you will be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals to include the moderate noise level and you are required to protect yourself accordingly.
Approved by: Masa Ariyoshi, Vice President
Date approved: November 21st, 2023
Reviewed: November 21st, 2023
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org